Investing in Ecosystem Services Workshop
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Building knowledge and capacity in support of Ecosystem Services (ES) investment markets.
This Investing in Ecosystem Services Workshop is for producers, land managers, government and non-government, and industry stakeholders who are interested in and want to provide input into mobilizing ecosystem service market opportunities.
At this workshop, participants will:
- Increase understanding of investment opportunities for ecosystem services
- Learn how assessment and quantification methods link to sustainability (ESG) initiatives in agriculture sector
- Identify gaps and next steps to mobilize and deepen ES market opportunities
Topics and speakers will include:
Overview of sustainability platforms & ESG initiatives, Dr. Marian Weber
Integrated platform for measuring ecosystem services, Dr. Wanhong Yang, University of Guelph
Panel presentations on current ESG initiatives including:
- Grassland Capital X & Carbon Plus Exchange Pilot, Lindsye Murfin, Western Stock Growers Association
- Watershed Stewardship, Mary Ellen Shain, North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance
- Producers Leading the Way Project, Tim Romanow, Milk River Watershed Council
- Supporting Corporate Sustainability Goals, Christine Campbell, ALUS
Facilitated discussion on where to from here
Lunch is included. Register today.